Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Ugly Beats - Bring On The Beats! - 2005


Austin-based garage rockers the Ugly Beats! embrace the sound of the 1960s on Bring on the Beats!, their scorching 12-song debut. Recalling pieces of the Kinks and the Who, as well elements of the Easybeats -- a band the outfit pays tribute to via the cover "I'll Make You Happy" -- the Texas outfit delivers a one-two punch right from the start with the organ-inflected, exuberant "KO'd." If the latter is easily the band's best moment, the spooky guitar fuzz that coats "Girl on the Brain" is pretty damn cool. Firecracking frontman Joe Emery is a garage rock maestro as evident on the sonic threat "I'll Walk Away," which sounds like it wouldn't be out of place on the Nuggets box set.-AMG



The Ugly Beats - Bring On The Beats! - 2005/rs
or
The Ugly Beats - Bring On The Beats! - 2005/sb

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool band ! thanks Curty

Syed Muddassar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Syed Muddassar said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
FREE BEATS
BUY BEATS

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin