Thursday, October 27, 2011

This is your last chance to get "Shake Some Action: The Ultimate Power Pop Guide "

Just a brief note to let you know  "Shake Some Action: The Ultimate Power Pop Guide" - is now available again after being out of print for three years!

The book is an in depth look at the power pop genre and features a rundown of the top 200 power pop albums of all time. Every copy also comes with a 24 song CD featuring rare and/or previously unreleased songs from a variety of artists, including Shoes, Rubinoos, Chris von Sneidern, Tommy Keene, 20/20 and many more. There are also tons of previously unpublished photos included.

There is a limited supply of books available - around 225 - and around 70 of these have already been sold, so you might want to act fast if you'd like to grab one. The cost is $49.95, but don't forget that it also comes with what is basically a double CD filled with music and it's sure to increase in value as the years go by. Plus, it'll make a great holiday gift for the discriminating music fan on your shopping list. ;-)

Here is the link to order and to find out more information:

http://www.goodmusicguy.com/shake-some-action-book/

8 comments:

Jason said...

I know coming up with a list of 200 is a tedious task, but I don't get some of the list. First of all, no "Bellybutton". I must also be the only Powerpop fan on the planet that doesn't get the Raspberries obsession (listed at #1) Maybe, I'll give it another spin, but it just seems a bit of 70's soft rock. It would seem to fit right nicely with a "Best of Bread" disc. Sorry for the vent.

Jason said...

Before I get hammered for my Raspberries comment, I will give "Starting Over" a few more listens. I thought the "Greatest" disc would bet the best introduction a few years back, but maybe I was wrong.

amc8051 said...

There's an argument to be made that maybe the Raspberries don't deserve their spot at number one, but I think you'd be hard pressed to convince me that they are soft rock. They had some great crunchy riffs that Bread wouldn't have known what to do with.

As for Bellybutton, I agree that it's the better Jellyfish album. But Borack had a "one album per artist" rule when making the list, and he chose Spilt Milk instead. Eye of the beholder, I suppose.

Jason said...

amc8051

I've listened through "Starting Over" twice today, and I was a off base with the soft rock/"Bread" comment, though I still wouldn't have it anywhere near #1. A good album regardless.

Anonymous said...

goodmusicguys link is password protected!

tomg said...

I´v been looking to the list of the 200, and listen to comps by Power Pop Criminals. It's a very interesting collection of albums, but i guess that many are very hard to find.

Curty Ray said...

tomg,
Email me @ powerpopoverdose@gmail.com and I may be able to help you

tomg said...

Now i'm listen to "American power pop" Volumes 1 and 2 from Rhino. Most of the selections match with the book picks, but yet i got to listen to the eight compilations (the ones that powerpop criminals made)to know what i like and what records i want to listen in the first place. You are being really helpful to me. Thank you again Ray.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin